Thursday, May 10, 2012

Best of / Favorites Part 1: DESSERTS!

I'm always saying "Oh, my favorite               was here or the best             was this!"  So I thought I would compile my "best of" list just for fun on yummy sweets! 

I've already posted my ode to candies and to chocolates so now on to other goodies!  And this is after I haven't eaten any chocolate, cakes, cookies, donuts or ice cream in over 5 weeks!  Can you believe it?!  The only sugar (consciously)  I've had is some a few jello salads a some pudding.  I know I can't keep this up much longer though because I LOVE sweets and have no desire to give them up forever.  But I am trying to change my habits to not eat so many sweets.  But the surprising thing is I haven't even craved any chocolate in the last 5 weeks, though I still have a craving for desserts and other sweets.  I've been able to calm my cravings for the most part with my favorite gum Trident Tropical Twist.  
(I also have been reading labels - if it has too many ingredients I don't eat it.  The only thing I still eat with many ingredients and preservatives is cereal - I LOVE cereal I usually have 2 bowls a day.  I'm not getting rid of my Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds okay?!!  Anyway, on to my "Ode to Sweets!"... 



ICE CREAM:




(NOT the premium version though)

(Premium)

DOUGHNUTS:
"Krispy Kreme"   - "Original Glazed - Orem, UT

"Dunford Donuts" - "Chocolate Over Chocolate" - UT  (& their cake donuts)

"Daylight Donuts" - "Bear Claw" - Pleasant Grove, UT
"Old Fashioned Sour Cream" - practically anywhere
Favorite Cakes:
Pistachio Bundt Cake:  introduced by Klint's family
White Chocolate Mascarpone:  by Beth & Tasia for my birthday
Tres Leches:  by Beth & Tasia for Sebastian's birthday
Sue's Chocolate Cake:  by Klint's mom

Favorite Cookies:
Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies
Homemade Frosted Sugar Cookies
Klint's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Manalmosers (Swedish Butter Cookies)

Other Desserts / Sweets:
Peanut Butter Bars - by my mother-in-law Pat
Strawberry Danish Dessert - that my mom makes (pretty much only for bridal showers though!)
Cheesecake - by my mom (I would get on my birthdays I rarely find some as good) 
Brownies - by Betty Crocker  (with melted natural vanilla ice cream on top)
Tapioca Pudding - homemade by Aunt Karen
Acini de Pepe ("frog-eye") fruit salad  - by me or my mom
Strawberry Shake:  "Apollo Burger / Crown Burger" - UT

Stay tuned for the next installment of Mary's "Best of"..."FOOD" edition!

No comments:

Post a Comment